Try looking for random flights on the BA website as it seems for some days you can fly for under $400 with British airways for Oslo to JFK and back from Miami to DUS (Germany). Also you can fly from CPH to LAX via LHR or from Las Vegas to Frankfurt (via CLT). Book with care this fare should hold if you buy it due to some legislation in the states . You can expect at least 5000 miles for this fare which i would value at around $75.
1) Chase is really easy to deal with online . As they can take care of most requests via the secure message center. I have had them ship a card to me via express (for free btw) via the secure message system . I got the card a few days later along with a phone call asking if i had recieved the card (good service there). You can also easily transfer negative balances between the cards (say you got a refund or something. I managed to change my billing date online which you can’t do with Barclay (unless you call) or amex (unless you talk to them for a long time) .
This took me like 2 seconds to formulate a simple meesage online . You can’t do that with amex anymore as you gotta go into the chat mode (which does take some time ).
2) Chase has your back in most cases . I was in tokyo and a club charged me twice by mistake . A quick dispute with chase and i had the money back within a few days. I would say amex is even a little better in this respect as they will take care of your dispute at all cost unless it’s with one of their partners.
3) Chase has great offers ! 40k for the chase sapphire here and you can also get 70k points for the ink plus in a chase branch at the moment. Chase as a lot of cards which are worth to keep for the long term such as the sapphire (2 points for dining and all kinds of transportations and hotels which i value at 2.2 cents each ) as well as the freedom card (5 points in each rotating category).
4) Chase is really competitive so i tend to get at least 5k limit on each new card. Because i am an amex lover chase approves me with higher limits as for some reason chase loves competing with amex.
5) Chase is very progressive and is set to offer pin chip cards soon (according to the rumours)
Hi i still really like amex but for me chase is still up at the same level.
Not sure if you are aware but you get a free quarterly fico score (TransUnion) with the arrival card ($400 bonus for $3000 spend and 2.2% cashback on all purchases (only toward flights/transportation/hotels)). The reason i like the arrival card is it’s pin chip (the only american credit card with good benefits) so i can actually use it in europe(especially holland). Getting the score with barclay is quite easy as you will see in a second.
As you can see it’s quite easy to get your fico score (under tools) . Even though it’s not as descriptive at the paid service it’s still as good as free can get . I use this to compare with experian so i can know if i am ready for a new application for a credit card.
If you got this card and you are planning on going to europe then i suggest you call in and ask for the pin chip version of the card. Barclaycard was gracious enough to fedex the new card to me for free!! (something normally only amex does for me).
1) JFK-DXB-KUWAIT $566 with EMIRATES Travel possible in september in october as well as april , may and early june
2) ORD to NRT via Guangzhou for $779 avil is pretty scarce mid week september and november
3) MIA to Seoul with UA for $850 mid week september or december
4) MANCHESTER to LAX (los angeles) for $680 with us airways mid week end of october until mid november
Make sure to get cash back on the flights and hotels here (search for expedia)
PHX – MEX Sample same day turn dates:
9/20 – 9/21 -> Red eye from PHX. Same day turn
9/27 – 9/28
11/15 – 16 (credit goes to jakeyran1 from flyertalk forums) delta is offering 5k bonus miles as well https://www.delta.com/mypromos/acelanding.action?offer=lacpromo
Interesting first minute?
I added a new page trip reports and improved the credit score improvement guide.