Hi guys i got another guest post from a friend of mine who would like to be addressed as doctor l
5 TIPS FOR STAYING HEALTHY WHILE TRAVELLING
It is not easy to stay active when traveling, because most of the time is passed while sitting especially while travelling by car, plane, or train. However, it is very essential to maintain periods of exercise into your daily routine: in fact, physical activity stimulates the immune system, releases endorphins, and keeps your brain alert. Prolong sitting also increases the risk of Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT), so exercise eliminates or at least reduces this risk.
Here are some simple tips which are easy to set up for a sports trip:
- Go to the gym in the hotel: Most hotels, especially those that are reserved for business trips, own one. Try to go for a walk in the morning before breakfast, or dinner. Even 20 minutes will make a big difference.
- Walk as much as possible: When possible, avoid taking a taxi or public transport and move on foot.
- Perform strength training: To stimulate your muscles when you spend a lot of time sitting, it is very useful to perform short training exercises, such as the chair position.
2. Wash your hands
When traveling in winter, one of the key challenges is how to prevent viruses and germs hanging around to make you catch a cold or flu. This is particularly difficult when taking the plane, which is a closed environment in which every person coughing and sneezing can potentially infect others.
One of the best ways to protect yourself is to wash your hands frequently and have always with you a hand gel without soap. This can make a real difference in your resistance to microbes.
3- Eat properly
Eating correctly when you travel is rarely easy, especially when you lodge in hotels and have only little time to cook. Nevertheless, there are some tips that will make your job easier:
- Bring snacks: Take a sealed box with healthy snacks in it.
- Eat a hearty meal before departure: Make sure you eat before your Depart, for example a breakfast full of good protein if you leave in the morning. This will prevent you from cracking on fast food at the airpo0rt.
- Do not be afraid to fast: If no healthy option is available, skipping a meal can be beneficial.
- Plan ahead: Try to choose a hotel with at least a kitchenette, allowing you to prepare your tea and small snacks in the absence of full meals. You can also try to make your choice based on its menu or restaurants nearby.
Meditation is a great way to reduce stress, sharpen your mind and increase your awareness. Why not enjoy the time spent in transport to relax while meditating?
(note from the editor : if get an upgrade to first class domestic that might be a good time to meditate)
5. Rest and get enough sleep
In the same way that physical activity is essential when traveling, it is important to get enough sleep and to spare you the rest periods. Voyager is an inherently stressful activity. It can be difficult to successfully take time for yourself. To achieve this, a good method is not to schedule a series of appointments in a row, but the program to keep empty beaches in the day, free of engagement. These moments become true breaks in your day.
The sleep level, the objective is to sleep at least seven to eight hours every night, which is also recommended when you are at home.